Tuesday, September 16, 2008

An Ode For A Beloved

As I lay awake,
throughout the night,
my mind's been busy,
with thoughts alight.

The ceiling stares at me,
the cool air stays still,
something's been,
bugging me a great deal.

As I search my mind now,
for some hints,
pondering deeply,
using up all means.

And then a memory,
flashed by my eyes,
reminding me of a moment,
which made me cry.

I can see my grandpa,
hugging me real close,
it was a kind of feeling,
I missed the most.

He cared for me deeply,
I felt the same way too,
I was small abck then,
what could I ever do?

Before I could show,
my love for my grandpappy,
he had already left this world,
he left too early.

Cancer got the better of him,
sadly he succumbed,
my heart was frozen,
it just went numb.

And as I slowly stared into space,
wishing for me to see his face,
its just way too late,
its been 10years since he was dead.

I fought my tears back,
and searched for a new start,
he's never been dead,
he has always been in my heart.

I laid to rest right there and then,
finally I whispered these words
to my grandpa... my best friend.

I love you and you will not be forgotten,
you will always be in my prayers and such,
and it must be true,
that God loves you just too much.

I've never felt so loved..